Thursday, October 24, 2013

[NEWS] G-Dragon Says He Got Lucky and Hints at New BIGBANG Duo at ‘2013 SIA’


G-Dragon, Korea’s leading idol star in music and fashion beat out his fellow Style Icons at this year’s Style Icon Awards to take home the Style Icon of the Year Award.

After giving his acceptance speech on stage, G-Dragon met with reporters for a brief Q&A session, where he stated, “I personally like the words Style Icon, so accepting the award is even more meaningful. It was all so sudden, so I couldn’t say this earlier, but I’m also thankful to my fans and YG Family”

When asked what influences his performances, the ever original idol star said, “I’m not influenced when it comes to the stage, although I have influences when it comes to music. I just think have in mind that this is the kind of performance I’d like to do.”

He also stated, “Awards are awards and music shows are music shows, and watching the same show gets boring, so it’s more fun when the audience can see different stages and I enjoy putting on different performances as well.”

When asked what the future has in store for the busy star, G-Dragon said that Big Bang plans to take on a six-city Dome tour, but what piqued reporters’ interest was when he hinted at a new Big Bang duo currently revving up to debut next year.

However, when asked about the members’ thoughts on his Style Icon status, G-Dragon joked, “I can’t reach the other members, because they’re all so busy.”

He remained humble about receiving the award, saying “I always want to receive an award when I’m invited to these things, but seeing the other nominees, I think I got lucky. I think because I promoted a lot this year, a lot of people looked on positively.”

G-Dragon conquered the K-Pop world once again this year with his second solo album Coup d’Etat.

Source : enewsworld

No comments: