Friday, April 12, 2013

[STAR COLUMN - G-DRAGON] Part 2 What is beauty?


GD is always called a fashionista. Fans at his concert can enjoy his music and watch a great fashion show at the same time.

GD will talk about how he made his own clothes and how he enjoys visiting restaurants. His favorite food is Sushi.

Fashion is a way to express myself. Just like music, it’s a way to express my emotions depending on how I feel that day.

Since I was little, I enjoyed wearing unique clothes so my mom made me clothes and helped express my unique style.

I don’t prefer or have a favorite brand. I just choose clothes that makes me go ‘I want to wear that’ when I look at them.


I used to think luxury brands were better but now I just buy items that I consider pretty, regardless of the price.

I don’t really make my own clothes but when I explain the design I want to my stylist, she makes them very well.

Sometimes I put my name in my clothes and I’m trying many other things for the designs.

I really liked drawing since I was little so I explain my design by drawing as well.

I don’t really know what “dressing well” is but I think the most important thing is to wear something that suits you the best.



You need to pick out clothes that suits the place and the atmosphere. If u choose the right clothes, that’s some sense of fashion.

I think to dress well you should first have confidence. Even if it’s something you wear for the first time, you need the confidence that can make it look like it’s not the 1st time. And trying out many different styles help you to learn what suits you. A lot of people from our company like to sag their pants and that could look bad but when you do it more, you gain confidence.

Everyone has a different body type. As you try out more things you will find a new style that will suit you the best. Since I love fashion, I went to Paris Fashion Week every year. I will keep on going if I can. I am gladly accepting all the invitations to fashion weeks and big fashion events in Paris. But I’m still not sure if I want to professionally work with fashion. I know that it’s hard to be successful in that category. Just like how I dedicated my life to music, I can understand the struggles of those who dedicate their lives to fashion.


I love going out to eat good food. I’ve been eating sushi a lot lately. Whenever I have free time, I look for good sushi place. I was so happy to see all those great sushi places in Japan and even Seoul. I’m eating sushi so much to the point I could write a Sushi Column. Ingredients in it change so I never get sick of it. There are 3 sushi places in Seoul that I go often & I rate them depending on the atmosphere, sushi course, and the freshness. I usually eat sushi at bars. It’s fun to ask the chef about each kind of sushi and I like to watch him cook. The reason why I started to like sushi is because my standard for choosing a food is it’s ‘beauty’ and sushi's are beautiful Just like clothes, I am interested in beautiful food. Beauty is an important standard to me.


On the next Star Column, GD’s cute childhood pictures will be revealed for the first time! Please look forward to it.

Source : Naver Translation : @BIGBANGGisVIP

No comments: