Tuesday, September 1, 2015

[INTERVIEW] Kwanghee says, “I’m still in touch with G-DRAGON & TAEYANG… Can’t stop it” 


Hwang Kwanghee talked about the big popularity he enjoyed for his performance at the 2015 Yeongdong Expressway Music Festival of MBC’s TV show “The Infinite Challenge”.

In a  recent interview, Kwanghee mentioned team Hwangtaeji’s “Oh My God” for which he performed with BIGBANG’s G-DRAGON and TAEYANG, saying, “I feel really good about that. I could try a new genre which hasn’t been done by ZE:A. It was a good experience. It was also a good opportunity for me to practice more and to show the fact that I am a singer once again.”

He went on to say, “I was a big fan of Jiyong and Youngbae and then I got the miraculous opportunity to be a friend of them.” To a question “Are you keeping in touch with them?”, Kwanghee answered, “Yes. I can’t stop it. I’ll see them soon.”

Kwanghee consolidated his presence in the music festival of “The Infinite Challenge” show, after joining it. Maybe by now, he feels comfortable about being a member of the show. However, Kwanghee denied it, saying, “I still feel burdensome. I haven’t taken part in a lot of episodes. I just did the classic, delivery, and music festival episodes. I get nervous every day.”

While Hwang Kwanghee is raising his reputation as one of the best TV entertainers after joining “The Infinite Challenge”, he is consistently appearing in KBS 2TV’s “Vitamin”, EBS TV’s “The Best Secret of Cooks”, KBS W TV’s “Beauty Bible 2015″, etc. He may have a bigger ambition for a program that draws the biggest attention and popularity.

“I believe loyalty is the most important thing. I thank people for saying ‘you’re funny’ after I joined ‘The Infinite Challenge’. I got more energy by doing ‘The Infinite Challenge’. So I came to work harder for other shows, too. However, I also feel heavy sense of responsibility. I’m also worried that people may think that I’m not working hard for other programs if I don’t show what I showed in ‘The Infinite Challenge’ in other shows, too”.

Kwanghee also talked about slump. He said, “The trend of TV shows consistently change. When I’m not appearing in ‘hot TV shows’, people say that my popularity has ended. It was not actually a slump, but I had some difficult times. I had to keep my energetic and cheerful image, but it was hard to stand people’s comparison of me with other ZE:A members.

Kwanghee also said, “It feels different when I’m performing as a singer and when I’m doing a TV show as an entertainer. I think I can find out for which I’m better, by doing the two things at the same time. I began my career as an idol singer but I feel more fun when I work as an MC and entertainer. I feel more alive as an MC. Plus, I get more energy when I’m working with ZE:A members who began their career with me.”

Kwanghee also expressed his gratitude for ZE:A member’s support for the “The Infinite Challenge” music festival, saying, “The members of ZE:A really liked the music festival. We also talked about doing that kind of music ourselves. But the nine of us have a different feel. The feel comes from all those years we’ve been together. We have a different feel”.

Meanwhile, Kwanghee’s another show “Beauty Bible 2015″ for the second half of this year will begin on the 15 this month. Kwanghee hosts the show with fashion model Kang Seung-Hyun and girl  group Secret’s Jeon Hyo-Seong. Kwanghee was well-recognized for his hosting of “Beauty Bible 2015″ for the first half of this year, for delivery of his own beauty know-how in his flagship talkative manner, achieving fun and effective knowledge transfer at the same time.

Source: YG Entertainment(OSEN)

No comments: