Wednesday, June 4, 2014

[NEWS] TAEYANG RETURNS AS SOLO: “NOT COMPETING AGAINST GD”


TAEYANG, who returned as a solo artist, commented that he is “not competing against GD” when asked about his fellow member and close friend.

TAEYANG made the comment at a celebratory private event held for the release of his 2nd full album “RISE” at Seoul Gangnam’s CGV Cheongdam Cine City on June 2, when he was asked whether GD is his competitor.

He said, “Ji Yong (GD’s real name) is incredible. But I think the way I view him as a friend who always watches him is different to how the public views him.”

He added, “His last solo album was a huge success and was extremely well-received by many, so sure, I do think that I should do my best to not lag behind. But I am not competing against him.”

At 0 hour of June 3, TAEYANG will unveil all the songs from his 2nd full album “RISE” on different online music sites in South Korea. On June 10th, the offline version is to be released.

The title track “EYES, NOSE, LIPS” is an R&B that maximizes his sentimental voice. Although slow, TAEYANG’s powerful performance and the straightforward lyrics are impressive. It is a joint production by YG’s main producers TEDDY and DEE.P.

TAEYANG will unveil 3 music videos, including the title and “1AM” and “BODY.” He partook in co-composing and writing of 5 songs including “INTRO (RISE),” “BODY,” “LET GO”, “LOVE YOU TO DEATH” and the title track.

His solo comeback is the first in 7 months since “RINGA LINGA” last November. It is his first album in 4 years since his first full album “SOLAR” in 2010.

TAEYANG commented, “I’ve been through a lot and I wanted to decipher every moment using music. The workload was incredible and I was really enthusiastic. Curbing my zeal was the hardest part. In the end, I let go and selected songs that anyone would like.”

Meanwhile, he is also scheduled to unveil a solo album on August 13. He will then kick off his first solo tour in Japan.

Source: YG Entertainment(STARNEWS)

No comments: