Friday, February 17, 2012

[INTERVIEW] G-DRAGON INTERVIEW ON NAVER MUSIC



Interviewer: It has been a long time. How have you been?

GD: I've been fine. I spent my time with my family. Prepared for this album and spent some time thinking this and that.

I: What is your thought about singers? I wonder, what do you think about your figure?

GD: Well, when I was a young boy, I thought singers are cool. That's why I wanted to be a singer in my early years. I think Bigbang is cool. Not being on the stage, but also in real life. I don't mean that they are handsome and tall. I mean they got swag. There are so many things that I have to learn as a friend, a young brother, and an older brother. It makes me a burden because I'm a leader but it also makes me try to push myself.

I: What is your biggest stress/pressure?

GD: Preparing for the next album. It is one of biggest pressure to me because the next album is more important than the last one. When I had to prepare for the last album, 'TONIGHT', I thought "This is the most important album!" When I prepared for this album, I thought "This album is the most important one!" Maybe I will think again the same when I prepare for a new album. It is also one of my pleasant worries. I was pulsating. Well, I don't know. Last year, 'TONIGHT' was my favorite album. And now it's 'BLUE'. My taste in music changes continuously and I share it to people. I wonder what they will say to me after they listen to it and what part they like the most. I'm going well.

I: Bigbang sings mainly about LOVE.

GD: I think many Korean think about love a lot and they want comfort. When you hear music, you think that "Oh this lyrics is what I have in mind." or when you are sad, you hear the music and cry. That's why music is powerful.

I: Tell me about BLUE.

GD: BLUE… Many people think that idol group just have younger fans. But I think more twenties and thirties age group will really like this song. They will sing more and sympathize with this song more than teenagers will.

I: Do you have assurance in this album?

GD: Uh…. Yes. I'm always confident with it. Not boasting. When we hear our music, we said "That's it!" haha. Because it is ours. I pour out my soul and try to be frank. And… it is for the season.

Source: lu@DCGD
Translate by @yeonpop & edit by @jinhichole18

No comments: